Frequently asked questions
from the new collectors
this page first published by John Wright, 13 Feb 1999
last update 15 March email@example.com
I have begun to compile my answers and advice on several common topics.
- How do I safely store 78rpm records?
- How do I safely clean 78's ?
- What's a good way to catalogue a 78 collection?
- What is His Master's Voice? What's the history of the Dog and Horn?
- Who were Layton and Johnstone and why are their 78rpm
records so common in Britain in the 21st century?
- What are my old 78's worth?
- What is a discography?
- Who is Brian Rust?
- How can I play 78's?
- How do I get the sound from 78's on to my PC?
Other websites, listed below, give their expert opinion on important topics much better than I can.